A trial flight is an introductory flying lesson, and a great way to find out what gliding is all about.
A 7-15 minute flight in one of our two seat gliders with a qualified instructor, will give you a chance to take the controls and learn to fly the aircraft from your first flight.
First Flight: £25
Subsequent Flights (same day): £16
We accept payment by cash or cheque only on the day, so make sure you bring payment with you or you'll be unable to take a flight.
You are either:
- Student at Cambridge University;
- Student at Anglia Ruskin University;
- Staff at Cambridge University.
You do not:
- Weigh more than 16 stone (102 kg).
- Suffer from, in the present or past, any of the following: Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent fainting, giddiness or blackouts, unusually high blood pressure, a previous coronary.
- Take insulin regularly for the control of diabetes.
What to expect
- A short briefing DVD
- A full briefing from your experienced instructor about what to expect during your flight
- We will help you fit your parachute and get strapped in to the glider
- A flight in a 2-seat dual-controlled glider lasting about 7-15 minutes
- You'll have the opportunity to do some of the flying yourself, if you want to
What to Bring
- Plenty of Warm Clothes, layers are best
- Practical Waterproof Shoes - for walking on the field
Find out when the next Trial Flights are going to be, by signing up to our Trail Flight Mailing List. You can also check our calendar and blog. We organise trial flight days a several times though the year including during fresher's week.